Bass going through middle speaker

herektor

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
Hi, I got my old 5.1 genius speakers pluged into my genius sound maker 5.1 value sound card.

Every channel works except the subwoofer, in the tests when i click the subwoofer, the middle speaker sounds instead, but when i click the middle it sounds through the middle like it should. What could be the problem?? its cracking my head... please help me

system specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits
AMD Athlon x2 4200+ 2.2ghz dual core
4Gb ram mushkin enhanced blackline ddr2 800mhz
XFX HD 5670 1GB
500W PSU
Genius Sound Maker Value 5.1 sound card

EDIT: i swaped the cables for MID and BASS (white and red) which where located behind the subwoofer, like the red in the white jack and the white in the red jack. And now only bass sounds, no mid, when i click on mid to test bass sounds instead. When i click bass, bass sounds like it should... What the hell is going on???

Solution
Aside from possibilty the cables are in the wrong spots, check the configuration of the sound card. Many have the ability to map any of the outputs to anything, your sub out may not be the sub out anymore, you may have it mapped to center channel.
Aside from possibilty the cables are in the wrong spots, check the configuration of the sound card. Many have the ability to map any of the outputs to anything, your sub out may not be the sub out anymore, you may have it mapped to center channel.

Solution