Solved! Tivo HDMI/HDCP and component video problems

bgjamrock

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Hello,
Two questions. First, I am getting a "HDMI Not Permitted" error from my Tivo because "TV is not compatible with HDCP digital rights management". I have tried other HDMI cables and checked all menu options with no success. My Samsung DLP TV HL-R5668W is supposed to be HDCP compliant and has always displayed HD over HDMI with every other Cable/Satellite/DVD source, but this is the first time I've tried Tivo.

2nd question. I hooked up component video cables for the time being and I cannot get the 16:9 aspect ratio. My TV shows I am getting 1080i but it is not 16:9. Does component video not support this?

Thanks.

Solution
1)You can a intermediate product in between your TiVo and TV to handle HDCP problem.
Try thisOctava 1x1 Audio Converter
That should solve your HDCP problem. I'm a long customer of Octava. They are nice people. If you are unhappy with the product, you can return it within 30 days for full refund.

2) Try adjust the ratio of your TV. There's usually couple options. Zoom, Full, Normal, Stretch...etc.

Arcticbear

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
1)You can a intermediate product in between your TiVo and TV to handle HDCP problem.
Try thisOctava 1x1 Audio Converter
That should solve your HDCP problem. I'm a long customer of Octava. They are nice people. If you are unhappy with the product, you can return it within 30 days for full refund.

2) Try adjust the ratio of your TV. There's usually couple options. Zoom, Full, Normal, Stretch...etc.

Solution