Solved! Installing memory in gateway LT2104u

leephil

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
wanting to install another meg of ram into LT2104u, can I add 1 meg stick, or will it accept two sticks of memory?

Solution
All computers allow for 2 sticks of memory. However, laptops now adays always fill both slots (2 sticks), which allows for dual-channel mode that basically doubles the speed of one of the sticks. If you have 2 512MB sticks, for example, I recommend you take both of them out and add 2 identical 1GB sticks so you can keep dual-channel.

Ultimate_Destructo

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
All computers allow for 2 sticks of memory. However, laptops now adays always fill both slots (2 sticks), which allows for dual-channel mode that basically doubles the speed of one of the sticks. If you have 2 512MB sticks, for example, I recommend you take both of them out and add 2 identical 1GB sticks so you can keep dual-channel.

Solution

cuartin

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
This is a Gateway netbook, which only holds one stick of RAM. To upgrade, you will have to remove the pre-installed 1 GB stick and install a new 2 GB stick. Gateway has step by step directions on their website:

http://support.gateway.com/s/notebook/2009/gateway/lt/lt21/LT21faq6.shtml

We are considering this netbook, and the 2 GB RAM stick would be less than $50 from NewEgg. Hope this helps.

How can I find the ram? which are the characteristics of it?