Acer Aspire AS8930-6386 keyboard missing strokes

kcv50

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
I am really having a problem with the keyboard on my Acer AS8930-6386 laptop. The keyboard misses key strokes all the time. You really need heavy deliberate fingers to type each key carefully. I looked on the Newegg site after I purchased my laptop and there have been other complaints regarding same. I even sent back my laptop to Acer service center, and they said that they were able to reproduce the problem and they replaced my keyboard. Got it back and all they did was replace it with the same problem all over again. I would like to know if others who might have this same computer have had the same problem and were able to figure out a solution to the problem. Going into the keyboard settings and adjusting the repeat rate and repeat delay does not address the problem. Trying to find somewhere where I can adjust the pressure of keystrokes when you are typing. Seems like my 60WPM has been reduced down to 25WPM just to ensure that I press down on each key enough to get a result. Acer is of no help; say pack it up again and send it in of course, at my own expense. Anyone else having this problem?

kanonen80

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
I have this same issue and I'm very interested to see if anyone has a solution for this. Are there replacement keyboards out there we can buy? The newest generation of Acer laptops have a nicer keyboard that doesn't require hammering - is there a way to order a replacement that fits the 8930 in this style maybe?

kcv50

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET AN ANSWER FOR THIS. OTHER THAN USING A SEPARATE KEYBOARD TIED IN WITH A USB PORT, I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN AN ANSWER FROM ANYONE. IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING ESPECIALLY AFTER YOU HAVE SPENT WELL OVER A $1,000+ FOR THIS UNIT. OTHER THAN THE KEYBOARD, I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS MY LAPTOP.