3 out of 5 speakers working on 5.1 Setup

bennieboi101

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Hey Guys

So i just had to reinstall windows due to a GPU failure. I have reinstalled my Sound card drivers only to find 2 of my speakers arent working and its really bugging me.

In the Creative software i can select each speaker and make the software play a sound from each one. So i know front, rear, center and sub are all working in the software.

But in iTunes, Media Player, Genral windows i cant get the Rear left and right working. Really annoying.

Any Ieads, gone through all the settings i possibly can anyone got any ideas?

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Card PCI Express Retail
Logitech X-540 Speakers

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
There's a driver conflict or a damage driver. Try to skip in the middle of each song and see if the sound comes back. I don't know if uninstall and reinstallation will fix your problem, but try anyway. I had the same issue and that I had to reinstall the Windows operating system twice. Sometimes these happen when you integrate a new service pack on your OS installation. I don't know why but it does. Maybe the integration requires other updates, who knows? Sometimes, it has something to do with the order of the installation; I've done so man of it and found something that works for me.