Damaged Sony Vaio vgn-tz17gn/b

aceaku

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
I had recently been having trouble with my laptop and had it looked at my local computer store and they diagnosed it with having a faulty motherboard, unfortunately they are unable to find the motherboard and i havent had any luck either, does anyone know where i can get the same or one which is compatible with my particular model? any help would be highly appreciated!

r_manic

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I've come across numerous spare parts for even out-of-market laptops on eBay. Just search, and make sure you check out the seller's rating before spending money!

aceaku

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Hey,

Sorry about the delay, well i had completely forgotten about this post. Unfortunately shortly after this post I got rid of the laptop, I contacted Sony who wanted £500 for the repair which was certainly not worth it, being as it was only about 1week out of warranty it would have been a great way to retain me as a customer but it wasnt meant to be.

Shortly afterwards I bought an Asus and haven't looked back since, great customer service and fantastic products, didn't have any of the issue's I had with Sony.

My advice, dump the Sony and go with either Lenovo or Asus, you wont regret it.

Regards,

Paul