DO NOT BUY ACER LAPTOPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
Im putting this to every one concerned thinking about buying an Acer Laptop...

DO NOT..

I have had a new laptop for 4 months, 1 of which it stayed in its box un opened.

I sold it to a customer. It went wrong.

It took nearly a month to repair when i was told it would take a week.

It came back - with the same fault it went out with

I was promised a new laptop

it never turned up they bull crapped me for ages.

it went back

they had it for 5 odd weeks

they promised me a new one..

the old laptop turned up

scratches all over the lid

the best bit is it has never been used..

I swear do not but ANY ACER LAPTOP.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
what kind of acer? im looking at an acer timeline, mainly becasue of the awesome battery life.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

a 7530g laptop....

but its not down to what laptop it is, its down to the level of service that i have received...

unfortunatley its all been lies lies lies and disapointments...

the last straw is the laptop came back with scratches all over it.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

But this one has gone to the extreme

had this laptop twice

i was told 10 times it would be done in a week each week they had it - yes i rang them twice in one day for 5 days.
told it would be delivered on a Sunday ( which never happends ) - twice
was promised a new laptop twice
promised it was repaired - it wasnt
got delayed for over a month the second time
told lies again by various people in an Indian call centre - yes i have every ones name and have spoken to nearly every one in that call centre.
They couldnt give a stuff
4 months of this machines warranty and its been useless.

and it comes back with more scratches than a cat attacked with an axe.

it went there in perfect but not working order

im not even interested if the thing works anymore as now it is un-sellable as it is scratched so badly.

i sold 4 of these and 3 have developed the same faults.

screws were missing from inside the case which holds the video card

shale i go on..

if you get this much of a bad service and trust me i have been patient, i have never sworn at any one at acer and yet they are pandatic, unwilling and unhelpfull but above all liars.

daship

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Been hearing lots of bad feeback on Acer lately, thats what happens when you grow to big to fast and dont have enough employees, and you build in countries with crappy quality control.

Ive had the best luck with HP support.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

I agree, but to actually not listen to what the customer wants, ignoring whats going on.. Escallating problems which make the situation worse..

Im so angry about this and ive been in the business for over 27 years and never ever have i had a case like this poxy laptop.

Take my heed, do not buy Acer.. They do not deserve custom when they treat their customers this bad...

I really wouldnt want any one to go through what I am going through and it looks like the story is still not over.

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Sorry Hellboy, I think yours is a specific incident. The Acer I bought my wife over a year ago runs great and has had no issues. A couple friends of mine also have Acers and we all agree that they are nice machines for the price.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

And Chunky, i agree with you also..

but this company needs to admit there are issues with this laptop, but to deliver it damaged when it went there in perfect condition leaves me to have a laptop which is now 5 months out of date and not used by the time it actually gets used.

broken promises time and time again..

Its not you who have had £400 plus vat tied up for over 5 months on something which will be sold for less than i bought it for..

im so P1$$ED its unreal

so hence

NEVER EVER BUY ACER, they offers are too good to be true.

Dakotasmith

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
I bought an acer not to long ago , and it works perfectly for me . It's one of the newer acer aspires . Although I never had to call tech support or acer I think from what I'm heard that I wouldn't want to either

sydnesider

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Hi there,

I am in full agreement - DO NOT BUY AN ACER COMPUTER!!! Customer service is non existant - a number of keys on my Acer laptop have popped off over the last few months, some I managed to glue back on but the keys stick - when another popped off today, I called them to see what I need to do - I rang twice and both times was on hold for over an hour - I kept getting the same message over and over telling me I was next in the queue. Not! I finally gave up and found an email address for them and asked them to cal me back.

The person that callled me back was barely apologetic - she then put me onto technical support who said I would need the entire key pad replaced (for the sake of one small key?!) and it would cost $110 (approx 1/6 of the price of the laptop when i bought it). When I baulked at the price, she said the other option if to go to my nearest Acer repair store - I live in Sydney CBD and the nearest retail store is a 4 hour drive away. Give me a break.

My advice - if you are considering buying an Acer computer - DON'T!!!

Highwaymen

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I don't know about any one else's problems, but all I know is that my Acer has constantly crashed from the beginning It is almost unusable, I have had other people look at it with no idea what to do. I have called Acer customer service before, and they told me I would have to pay $99. for any trouble shooting over the phone that will be done, and this computer is less than a year old.

I should have bought another toshiba, my kids spilled water on that computer twice, its been dropped kicked and well abused and still runs like a champ 4 years later, except my kids are always tripping over the charger and over time it has busted the solder joint to the charging mechanism and it is hard to get it to charge up, and I just don't want to pay $300 to get it fixed.

I would have to agree with sydnesider and hellboy DON'T BUY ACER!!!! Toshiba might be pricier but it will be worth it in the long run.

Jay Junkerman

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
I'll take it a little further than "Don't Buy An Acer". Acer is an absolute racket from top to bottom. Their hardware are QA reject models from various manufacturers - meaning they spend a few cents on the dollar to the manufacturer's bulk contract price - they deliberately hide their support numbers, render their "Book a warranty repair" site completely unusable due to java errors and their email support is a blatant dead-end protocol that covers all possible areas.

Sure, other companies have their "bad eggs" and things that are spotty - we all know that - but Acer does it deliberately with proud impunity.

Hi :)

My laptop repair company, repairs ALL makes of lappies...

Acer are no better or worse than other makes...you just got a bad one but all makes have that happen...

The ONLY make we have to repair very very rarely are Panasonic Toughbooks, but they cost a fortune, and are tough as old boots...

All the best Brett :)

Status
Not open for further replies.