I need help finding a new motherboard.

wrecto

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Hi guys/gals im looking for a site that i can get a cheap Hp motherboard the part number for the mobo is 482324-001 :bounce: . The graphics card burnt out no post just a black screen. I tried an external monitor but no luck so its defo the gpu. I looked around on the interweb couldnt find anything without putting a massive hole in my wallet. Does anyone know of any website that sells that model of mobo cheap or is ther any other model that will fit my laptop.

Thanks for any help. :)

Laptop Spec
HP Pavilion DV5-1110EM Athlon Dual-Core X2 RM2

ps i hate hp :fou:

G

Best bet is a small repair shop or e-bay vendor who is scrapping an identical model with peripheral damage.

outlw6669

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Unless you are quite sure of your self, I would not recommend changing your laptops motherboard.
It is quite a bit more in depth than swapping one out on a desktop.
I would recommend either having it professionally repaired or to save your cash for a new laptop.

G

Yes, I think I would second that caution about doing it yourself unless you've stripped a laptop before.

My preference is to buy a complete laptop as a donor and and dismantle that first -- that way you learn how to avoid breaking parts when you disassemble the one you're fixing up

wrecto

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Thanks for the info.

Ive stripped many laptops before i currently have the pavillion in pieces with everything intact. If i cant find a cheap mobo im just gona sell off the parts on ebay. The laptop is only worth 200 euro second hand and a new motherboard is around 130, it all comes down to is it worth it and will the same problem happen again? Though decisions ive never sold anything on ebay I dont know of another way of getting some cash for the parts?