Solved! HDMI to DVI projector?

Evesest

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Hi all. I have a Optoma DX605 (aka EP719) Projector that has DVI, VGA, S-Video and an Audio port.

My question is what would be the cheapest solution to using an HDMI reliant piece of hardware with my projector?

My problem is that I realize audio and video share the HDMI port and are fed through the same cable.. I was also told HDMI video output and DVI are close or identically the same?

I want to be able to use the HDMI video output and purchase some type of sound system to run the audio. (Somewhat of a budget)

What do you suggest?

http://images.craigslist.org/3mc3oc3lf5Q55W25P4b762ba8eb69e203112c.jpg

Solution
You need an adaptor to convert the DVI input into HDMI which is common. This iwll not give you any sound on the projector itself. Your audio solution depends on price. A pair of powered speakers or PC speaker setup are the cheapest way to go but will not really work with a projection system very well.
You need an adaptor to convert the DVI input into HDMI which is common. This iwll not give you any sound on the projector itself. Your audio solution depends on price. A pair of powered speakers or PC speaker setup are the cheapest way to go but will not really work with a projection system very well.

Solution