Seeking Suggestions for Home Theater System, $350 budget

Saurheledion

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
Howdy, I was just wondering if anyone here might have some suggestions for what I should I do to set up my home theater system? I have a Philips 1080p hdtv and a PS3 and now I figure it's time that I brought the sound system up to date. I game extensively and like to watch blu ray movies. Should I buy speakers and reciever separately or get a home theater in a box? Any specific models or brands would be greatly appreciated. My budget is about $350 and the space is a small apartment living room, would that be served better by 7.1 or 5.1?

Thanks for all your help ahead of time!

Atotalnoob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
um, none to good on speakers, but I do know of a 5.1 w/ subwoofer at bestbuy, my friend has it and it works good, nice quality... it is by logitech, and Ithink it is under 100$ or about it... Sorry I couldn't find the link! I looked, I really did! lol =D hope this helps... Try browsing Newegg, and amazon and bestbuy... sort from lowest to highest price, and google ones that sound good...

mechie-techie

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Actually you can get a Logitech z 5500 for that price. It's all in one, THX, great spacing, optical input (ps3 has), full range sound (high, mid, low), 5.1 DD - 5.1 DTS, plus when you can get your mega system you can then use them as PC speakers.
Google the specs.