Solved! Is there a cable for spdif out-dvi audio in

lg2001

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
Hello,
I have a HDTV (philips) and has only an SPDIF output to connect the audio to the home teather system and my DVD_HOme theather (sony) has only dvi audio inputs, in there any cable I can use to convert 1 output to 2 inputs?? I already connected de HDMI cable for the video but I still hear the sound from the TV not from de home theather.

Solution
you're only giving us partial information.

what are you using to play your media?
dvd player, computer, other..

which model home theater system do you have?
its odd that you say it only has dvi in (normally its hdmi, spdif, component)....

----

what you will probably want to do is connect the home theare to the source directly. ie one of these two setups (depending on what equipment you have)

SOURCE --->HTBOX-->SPEAKERS
SOURCE --->TV
two seperate cables, one to each.

or

SOURCE--->HTBOX--->SPEAKERS
HTBOX--->TV
if your home theare features hdmi passthrough to the television.

----

in any case you can disable sound in the options on your tv so that once you get a HT set up you wont get sound from your tv.
you're only giving us partial information.

what are you using to play your media?
dvd player, computer, other..

which model home theater system do you have?
its odd that you say it only has dvi in (normally its hdmi, spdif, component)....

----

what you will probably want to do is connect the home theare to the source directly. ie one of these two setups (depending on what equipment you have)

SOURCE --->HTBOX-->SPEAKERS
SOURCE --->TV
two seperate cables, one to each.

or

SOURCE--->HTBOX--->SPEAKERS
HTBOX--->TV
if your home theare features hdmi passthrough to the television.

----

in any case you can disable sound in the options on your tv so that once you get a HT set up you wont get sound from your tv.

Solution