JVC TH-D60 No sound please help!!!

neonzion

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Hey guys well i just got a used apparently nonworking JVC TH-D60 1200w home theater surround sound system... Well I plug everything in and turn it on and everything comes on with blue lights and stuff... But no sound at all... Tried everything and i cant seem to fix it.... Btw there is no warranty on my system.. I googled for 3 hours and found a few (3-4) people with the same problem and the response was always return with warranty :fou: ! so wtf do i do.... it was brand new out of the box nonworking (not a spec of dust!).... please help guys!

please help this is a huge step up from 140w x540s lol... please
:( basicaly only people who have used the jvc th series could probably help :(

thanks in advance

Solution
To start with there is a firmware update that you may need to install:
http://support.jvc.com /consumer/product.jsp?archive=true&pathId=30&modelId=MODL027936
Take the spaces out of the above link before copy paste to browser.
Without the firmware update, the unit may not function.

desmondhuz

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Mine just did the exact same thing. Turned it off before i left out and when i returned, no sound. I guess ill try the firmware update thing, but if that does work, i guess i need to start saving for something else. I'm sure a jvc repair will cost the same as a new unit.

neonzion

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
well i never got it to work.... i tried fixing it myself and got so angry i smashed :lol: so no more JVC for me :D thanks anyways guys..... and for those guys who have this problem the easiest way is to yes return with warranty for replace because really there is no fix.... tried fixing for 4 days straight 8+ hours a day and never found the pobelm so w/e