Should I get the Cowon J3 16GB or 32GB?

vchov

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
So the Cowon J3 comes with a MicroSD slot and I figured I could buy a Cowon J3 16GB for $240 and get a 16GB Class 2 MicroSD card for about $30, making the total price be $270 as opposed to getting a 32GB Cowon J3 for $300. Should I get the 16GB or should I get the 32GB for storage upgrading reasons? By the way, if you know, when should I expect a new Cowon to be released? Thanks!

Solution
Man, I wish the Cowon J3 came out back when the S9 was released (which I bought). The only thing missing in the S9 is the expansion slot.

I would definitely go with internal 32GB. I have my music encoded to FLAC and while 32G is not enough to store all of my music, it is enough for now... I would then store additional music which I do not listen to as often (like classical) on a 16GB MicroSD card. I would most likely have another 16GB MicroSD card to store movies / videos.

Buying the internal 32GB version is more expensive, but gives you better options. Now if I can only find someone to sell my Cowon S9 32GB to.
Man, I wish the Cowon J3 came out back when the S9 was released (which I bought). The only thing missing in the S9 is the expansion slot.

I would definitely go with internal 32GB. I have my music encoded to FLAC and while 32G is not enough to store all of my music, it is enough for now... I would then store additional music which I do not listen to as often (like classical) on a 16GB MicroSD card. I would most likely have another 16GB MicroSD card to store movies / videos.

Buying the internal 32GB version is more expensive, but gives you better options. Now if I can only find someone to sell my Cowon S9 32GB to.

Solution