Can I use a TV as a high resolution monitor

cooleydd

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
I am buying a new computer and would like 2 32" monitors. Can I use a regular 1080 TV as the monitors. What about resolution and also speed. This would be for games. How about just for business uses?

Solution
you can hook up normal 1080p televisions and use them as monitors.

1080p is 1920x1080, not sure about response times but they are reasonable.

Games and movies look good when sitting a decent distance back but text is harder to read than on a smaller monitor. some businesses use televisions for displaying information in their lobbies and it works just fine. not the absolute best option but definitely a cost effective one.

if you're looking for something that will look sharp at a closer distance then there are a couple manufacturers ( i know dell does for one) who make +/- 30" screens with a greatly increased resolution over typical monitors. you get both size and small pixels.

ultimately it depends on what you want to do with them...
you can hook up normal 1080p televisions and use them as monitors.

1080p is 1920x1080, not sure about response times but they are reasonable.

Games and movies look good when sitting a decent distance back but text is harder to read than on a smaller monitor. some businesses use televisions for displaying information in their lobbies and it works just fine. not the absolute best option but definitely a cost effective one.

if you're looking for something that will look sharp at a closer distance then there are a couple manufacturers ( i know dell does for one) who make +/- 30" screens with a greatly increased resolution over typical monitors. you get both size and small pixels.

ultimately it depends on what you want to do with them and how much you want to spend

Solution

TRENDING THREADS