Solved! $250-$350 Netbook Advice needed!

mynameismichael

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
I am looking for a 250$-350$ netbook. It will be used as my second computer, after my gaming PC. It will be used for web surfing at school, note taking, and other basic crap. I do not plan to game on it too much, but if I have a choice between 2 netbooks with all else equal, the better GPU would win. Battery life seems to be a big issue, I'd like to avoid the 4.8 hour models.

I am going to start to weed through newegg, but wanted to know if anyone knew anything good due to looking recent, finding a sale, etc.

thanks,
michael

1_What is your budget? 350$ max after shipping
2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Any size is fine.
3_What screen resolution do you want? Any
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Netbook
5_How much battery life do you need? The 10.5 hour batteries seem fine, 4.8 is too short...
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Low and/or Older games only
7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Netbook crap...
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? I dont need much, I have a main desktop and external HD, 160+gigs?
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. Newegg, or anything that is cheaper.
10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? I know it is a cheap netbook...
11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD rw
12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I dont know much about the current netbook market, nor do I have a favorite brand...
13_What country do you live in? USA
14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. See above.

Solution
PC Pro, a British computer magazine, tested a lot of netbooks recently. They really liked the Samsung N110, an updated version of the NC10.

I'm going to buy one of those when I get back to the U.S. later this spring.

Check newegg.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
PC Pro, a British computer magazine, tested a lot of netbooks recently. They really liked the Samsung N110, an updated version of the NC10.

I'm going to buy one of those when I get back to the U.S. later this spring.

Check newegg.

Solution