Nikon coolpix s3100 battery not charging

Arvcsharma

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
My Nikon Coolpix S3100's battery will not charge. The small green light flashes for approx 10-15 seconds then disappears. Left the camera plugged into the charger the whole night but no joy!

Morrisonjd84

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013

Did you ever figure this out I got the same problem?

palcic

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
An official firmware uptade has been released a few days ago that solves the following issue:
"When the AC Adapter and USB Cable are connected to the camera to charge the rechargeable battery with the battery at or very near full exhaustion, the battery sometimes could not be charged."
They also say:
"If you are unable to charge your camera battery to perform the firmware update click here for more information."

I Hope this helps.

mklkc1991

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
"
"

I fixed mine!! This is what I did to fix it..we'll see if it works in the future. I have an old cell phone charger and cut the small end (that plugs into the phone) off. I stripped the red wire and black wire on the ends and force charged the battery. I pulled the battery out of the camera and found the + and - signs on it. Then I held the red wire to the + and the black wire to the - I sat things on top of the wire and battery to hold the ends to the battery (so they dont fall off while charging) then I plugged the cord into the wall.

ONLY CHARGE THIS WAY FOR NO MORE THAN 15 mins. Force charging goes really fast. After this I was able to put the battery in the camera and start it up! Then I plugged it into the camera charger and the normal charge light came on. By morning I had a complete charge and was taking pics today!!

This also can work for cell phone batteries!

Arpan_S

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015

To Force Charge my camera`s battery ,do I need to have a USB Charger or that old charger with a pin would also work ?

mklkc1991

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015

mklkc1991

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
Any cord that plugs into the wall that you don't mind cutting the end off of. Two wires, black and red are all you need. It does need to be a small cord. Cell phone charge cord was what I used because it was easy to work with and had worked on both my camera and old cell phone.