Sony vaio screen replacement...HELP

betrayer_

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
Hey guys, I've got a laptop with a busted screen and am gonna try to replace it myself. Anybody can help me out?

Its a Sony Vaio VGN-TT16GN 11.1". I don't know which screen to buy. Can any 11.1 screen for any T series do? Also any instructions would be helpful.

cheers.

G

I've got the same problem with a VGN-TT21VN also 11.1". Sony have quoted me £728 to replace it and I am looking for a cheaper solution. Will contact you if I do. I understand the new Sony 11.1" are LED lit. I have a VGN-TX650FP and that appears to be back-lit.

Cheers

G

http://www.laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk/ is the place to go to find screen replacement

dorcaslissah

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
Hi, can someone help me please. I have a Dell Inspiron 1370 laptop with the screen looking like it is bleeding. I think my daughter or our dog may have stamped on it. I have contacted a company http://www.laptopscreenonline.co.uk and they are saying the Dell Inspiron 1370 comes with either LCD or LED screen. My question is how do I determine which one is in my laptop. Would I have to take the screen out? My cousin will be fitting the screen for me as I do not not a thing about electronics.

G

I've got the same problem with a VGN-TT21VN also 11.1". Sony have quoted me £728 to replace it and I am looking for a cheaper solution. Will contact you if I do. I understand the new Sony 11.1" are LED lit. I have a VGN-TX650FP and that appears to be back-lit.

Cheers

I have the same problem too and have gone to Hong Kong company for a replacement. The first company charged me £300 and the screen never worked. I am in the process of buying from another source and getting my money back from the original.

The screen you need is an LTD111EV8X made by Toshiba (I believe) they are available from around £200 delivered UK and if you order more than one, there is a considerable discount. The screen is an LED backlit and has an incorporated inverter built into the bottom of the screen. Don't try to fit any other model because it won't work!

I can give you addresses etc if you want to contact manufacturer.

G

I have the same problem too and have gone to Hong Kong company for a replacement. The first company charged me £300 and the screen never worked. I am in the process of buying from another source and getting my money back from the original.

The screen you need is an LTD111EV8X made by Toshiba (I believe) they are available from around £200 delivered UK and if you order more than one, there is a considerable discount. The screen is an LED backlit and has an incorporated inverter built into the bottom of the screen. Don't try to fit any other model because it won't work!

I can give you addresses etc if you want to contact manufacturer.