How to join two mixers to work together

G

I have two mixers and I ve been using them separately. How can I connect the two to work together at once?

Dr_M0rph3us

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
It depends on some factors such as what kind of mixers, what audio setup you have and what signals or instruments are being mixed.

Basically, if needed, you can cascade mixers by sending first mixer's *line* output (caution: not amplified output, if any) into one of second mixer's input channels.

I did that a few times, when using a Roland keyboard which doesn't have separate knobs for headphone and line gains - used a small 8-line Makie mixer for the headphone / output control, in series with another 24-channel Makie mixer for the main mix, and did the job in the live environment.

jimmydash

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

Hi, when you say "caution: not amplified output, if any" what do you mean? Are you saying that the signal 'out' on the first mixer should not be processed (amplified)? and that all amplification and sound control should be set / managed only on the second mixer?

Other threads on blogs and forums that I have read seem to differ... some have advised setting up the first mixer 'normally' with gain, EQ and level settings (as if it were the main mixer), then connecting the Main Out connectors on the first mixer to either a 2 X RCA connector channel on the second mixer or connecting each Main Out connector to each of two normal channel 'Line In' connectors on the second mixer?

Is there an issue with sending 'processed' (amplified, EQ'd and FX'd) signals on the 1st mixer to any 'Input' connector on the second mixer?

The reason I have the additional mixer (Behringer 1002FX) is so that I can set up the sound levels / EQ / FX independently of the main house mixer, and simply feed this 'processed' signal into the house main mixer driving the PA / speaker System.

Thanks in advance... ;)