Lenovo t500 multi monitor

gg317508

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
I am currently running a lenovo t500 2055 w76 and am wanting to run 2 external monitors and the main screen at the same time (totally 3 displays). I have tried using a USB to VGA convertor but several issues come up. First off Windows 7 aero doesn't like the usb monitor. Also in the display settings I have no control over the USB monitor. Also any screen that has a flash based webpage open (which most pages these days have some sort of flash) have a stobe effect when mousing over any portion of the page
Long story short USB didn't pan out
The question I have is whether there is a way to activate both the ATI and the Intel graphics card at the same time, whether there is a third party driver for the ATI to activate both the display port and the VGA, or am I looking at investing in a docking station to execute my goal

Thanks to any and all replies in advance

frozenlead

Distinguished
I'm not sure about activating the VGA and DP ports at the same time...I'd know if it was a digital connection, but I'm not sure on the technicals of analog video output. I'd just fool around with it for a while. The worst that could happen is it not working.

You can, though, use the Matrox Triple Head2go DP edition to get yourself up to 3 monitors from your single DP connection.
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/surroundgaming/en/home/

gg317508

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Well ive tried everything I know, problem is trying to activate both the intell internal graphics and the ATI and having recognition doesn't work...I know the display port is a digital port, that can also support USB on monitor and audio, as well as two way communications between the graphics card and device...but for right now I get a choice between the wall mounted monitor on the VGA port or the side mounted monitor on the display port, nothing going for both at this point