Solved! 3D TV flicker reason…!!!

ram_khatrim

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
Flicker is the major disadvantage of current 3d tvs, I’ve experienced 3d tv a lot and maximum no of times I’ve noticed flicker in 3d tv.
I want to know that image flickering arrise because of 3d tech, brands, or it depend on 3d content.
3D TV manufacturers really leading these days.

But I don’t understand that why they are not giving the solution of issue like flicker, image overlapping etc.

I believe 30-40% of the people won’t buy 3d tv because of these drawbacks only….if the manufacturers will start considering these issues and provide the solution then that will be more effective.

Friends, if anyone you know any information about this, then share it here that helps me as well as others.

Solution

Hey Buddy~

The reason behind...

Psaini888

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

Hey Buddy~

The reason behind flickering depends on the Technology used by the manufacturer to build up a 3D TV..

Basically flickering can be seen on the 3D TVs that are made up of SG Tech

But if you'll compare SG with FPR..You'll find the difference..

3D TVs which are made up of FPR doesn't have flickering problem...

Solution

iit_aspirant90

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

I agree with psaini888 that flickers in 3D TV occurs due to the Technology being used...

Moreover flickers happen only on 3D TV without FPR because..FPR uses 3D Glasses which are made in a way that image comes to your eyes directly..where as in other techniques image comes to you alternatively...causing flickers..

gaurishank

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
I got to know from somewhere that flicker happen in SG 3d tech but because of 3d glasses as it's work like shutter open and close regularly.
So may be this is the actual reason behind flicker in 3D TVs.

anish_gandhi9

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

Well i am agreed with your post, and i think that FPR is used by LG only up to know....but not sure that flicker is there in FPR or not?