Desktop Audio (5.1 or 2.1)

iLiketoEat

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I'm just wondering whether I should go for a cheaper 5.1 Audio or the same price in a 2.1 Audio. I went to fry's electronics and it seemed like most of the 2.1 were more expensive than the 5.1. I'm using it as a desktop computer for Movies, Gaming, and Music.

Also, is this the right section to post this in? I wasn't too sure.

Thanks

Solution
Quality vs quantity. You need to decide this for yourself. Music is predominantly 2 channel, and games are predominantly 6 channel.

I personally prefer 2 better speakers than 5 lower quality speakers, because I listen to music 70% of the time, and 20% of the time watching Netflix/TV shows which are all 2 channel. I game only a small amount, but when I do, I care more about dialogue clarity than some ambient sounds.

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
Quality vs quantity. You need to decide this for yourself. Music is predominantly 2 channel, and games are predominantly 6 channel.

I personally prefer 2 better speakers than 5 lower quality speakers, because I listen to music 70% of the time, and 20% of the time watching Netflix/TV shows which are all 2 channel. I game only a small amount, but when I do, I care more about dialogue clarity than some ambient sounds.

Solution