Why Cinema 3D TV is called as Next Gen 3D TV?

iit_aspirant90

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
I am searching for a small query that why are we calling Cinema 3d TV as next gen 3D TV???

If someone have anything to explain, please feel free to reply..

I'll be waiting :)

chndni_jn

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011

Hey, we all know that 3d TVs are a big hit in the market.

LG has come up with the Cinema 3d tv which is more advanced and use FPR technology which has given new dimension and perspective to the tv viewing.

Cinema 3d tv has all the visual and audio effects which makes it similar to the theatre and this is because of the FPR technology.

So the younger generation or the next gen. is more advanced in terms of technology and they are accepting the technological advancement as compared to the older generation.

The next gen is the tech savvy gen. I hope that your query is solved now.

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
maybe there is new programming language used to program everything to work together?
and maybe the new programming language means everything works faster, or that there is error correction?

maybe there is a higher frequency used to transmit a signal to the glasses?

maybe they are doubling the speed that the 3d works.. and instead of one frame for the left and one for the right.. you get two for the left and two for the right?
or
maybe you get four for the left and four for the right?

the video doesnt have to switch from the left frame and right frame any faster as long as the glasses dont switch to the left eye when the right eye frame is on the screen.

so if you get four more 'clocks' per eye.. that would mean the first clock switches the left eye to the right eye, then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th clock keep the right eye open.
the next #1 would switch to the left eye, and the 2nd, 3rd, 4th clock keeps the left eye open.

what does this do?
well it should theoretically improve the latency by a factor of at least 3, since there are three more intervals.
when there is a lot of time between intervals.. the electronics can drift away into la-la land, and when it is time to change .. the electronics are like 'huh? what..? OH right!! ?

so if you give them more intervals, then the drowsiness happens.

but maybe it is the exact opposite, and there are too many intervals.. causing the glasses to grow drowsy.

and maybe the old glasses work like this..
if there is a signal for the left eye.. the left eye opens and then closes at a pre-defined amount of time.
and if you sent a 2nd left eye open request.. the shutter would open, slightly close, and open back up again.. then close as usual.
being open more is going to allow less dimming from the glasses.

how come we can put on a pair of 3d glasses and see out of both sides at the same time?
shouldnt it be always one is totally dark and the other is totally clear?

i hate seeing a colored lens when i know it could be clear.

they are talking about using lcd screens.. and the liquid crystal has to go somewhere.. it cant just hide and become totally clear without being much more expensive.

i would get some blinds and put them on a gear with some high quality lubricant.
then just let the motor spin the flaps open and shut.
if they are thin, you wont see them.. and if they are wide, you will need less of them (but more air turbulance inside)
and that means they need to be air tight.. and that means if any air gets inside of them they wont work anymore.

air-less design would be good.. and probably better for the lubrication used.
but if they let the air inside already and compensated for the air turbulance.. then they would be subjected to different barometer pressures making the blinds open and close faster/slower depending on the air pressure.
that means the motors need to have the ability to be calibrated with adjustable speed before every movie.

those glasses are a pain in the butt.. either you do it the easy way and suffer with tint (or really really high cost to try and shove the liquid crystal out of the way, which will never ever happen)
or
use the blinds that can be made super thin and put everything under a microscope to build it.

seems like there is a lot of work that is involved, and people shouldnt think 3d glasses are as easy as a red and blue lens on some paper shades.
and people should also not be thinking they are the same kid who wore the blue and red lenses.. who have now upgraded to the 'rich and powerful' lcd screens that are small enough to fit into a pair of glasses.
yes, there are lcd frames small enough to be put onto a keychain.
and no, the technology isnt anything to brag about when it isnt being done right.

if you really wanted to push the issue.. we would be wearing lcd glasses as the television itself.. meaning those tiny lcd panels need to have more resolution than the 800x600 and 1024x768 they currently offer.

the lcd glasses that are actually televisions seem to be the biggest influence available to be sold.
since they can function like an 80 inch screen when there isnt any room for it.
that means the portable games of the future will have these lcd television glasses (or at least an option to plug them in and perhaps increase the resolution?)

either way, they need to be built under a microscope (well.. at least the quality control would need a microscope to verify that the product is being made correctly at the factory)
so they might as well just get to it already.

i would love to have a pair of lcd glasses that could have the same resolution and visual quality of the expensive televisions.
all that video fidelity in a pair of glasses means many things.

video ipods would have a plug for the glasses.
minivans would have a bluray player with a plug for the glasses.
watching a movie while on an airplane or going on a roadtrip would be much better than viewing the movie from a 7 inch lcd screen 6ft away from you.

the video games would be HUGE on these glasses.. all of the portable devices would have the option.
and if you can watch television on your cellphone now (which i am certain you can)
then you could be watching television while waiting at the doctors office (keep your purse in the trunk of your car, and your wallet in your back pocket so you have nothing to worry about while not seeing everybody around you)

i wouldnt care to have my eyes covered at the doctors office.
the secretary would be one eye witness, plus anybody else in the room would be an eye witness, and any responsible business would have a camara for the room anyways.

yes.. that means connecting to hulu or some other video website to watch the episode of your favorite show that you missed last night while you are waiting at the doctors office.
they already make you wait like 30 - 60 minutes anyways.
people are already watching movies on their laptop and video ipod while on the airplane.
children are already staring at a 7 inch screen from 6ft away while going a road trip.

i've been on the highway a few times and seen a television lit up inside a minivan.
and when you go to a hotel, you dont have to watch the 14 channels they give you.
you could pull out your laptop or cellphone to watch your favorite weekly show.

maybe some multi-tasking on a blackberry or ultra portable computer, because the shear size of the screen would allow you to have two applications open side by side.

i am upset that these things are only found in japan/tokyo/hong kong
some of us have a living room or college dorm that is already very very small.
we cant put a large screen television in the room without taking up valuable space.

imagine a computer sitting next to a tv tray with a keyboard and mouse on the tv tray.. nothing else around except a pair of glasses.
that would save a lot of room to remove a desk and monitor.

oddly enough, a simple couch could be your desk if you put the tv tray on your lap and the computer is hidden behind the couch.
just toss the keyboard and mouse underneath it and it is hidden to save space.

what about going to a book store a purchasing a magazine that you could read from these glasses?
no more being hunted by sexual predators at the book store, because you wouldnt be looking at every guy or girl that walks by.

i dont know.. not everybody played with legos, but those of us who did.. we played with the legos and had a good look at all of the different 'kits' that came out onto the market.

this could mean each person gets their own 'perfect position' of the television while watching a movie.
and if virtual surround would step up and become something that isnt embarassing, then each person could have their own headphones to get the perfect audio listening experience (spl aside).
that would be no more equalizers and room treatments or room optimizations.
no more entertainment centers that can make a room feel closterphobic.

there are a lot of houses from 100 years ago, up to about 20 years old, that either dont have a second room in the house.. or the rooms are small.
these people would benefit from extra elbow (and breathing) room.

i dont see a single thing wrong with it that can be said to be more important than these glasses becoming available.
sure, parents might put the glasses on and ignore their children.
but
if they are watching television already, the decision has already been made.
their eyeballs are on the television and the parent doesnt get up unless the child starts crying (or has been silent for too long).
when you turn the television on to WATCH the television.. anything else is a distraction.
having the television on to provide some ambient support is different.

my living room is 12x13 and if i had those glasses.. i would be saving about 25% of space in the room.

wouldnt it be weird to walk into a room that looks really boring and empty with only a couch and an end table.
you might think the person is really boring or never home.
then they pull out some glasses and all of this entertainment starts to happen.
like all of a sudden there is a huge library of movies and video games.. and they go to a website like 'second life' to be at a dance club or bar.

all of these portals to the outside world when it looked as boring as a psychologists office or doctors waiting room.
i find that hilarious and intriguing.

i would absolutely love to get rid of an entertainment center and replace it with some storage drawers.
maybe people would get one of those display cabinets and fill it with whatever they like.
i've seen quite a few of those cabinets.
some had dolls inside.. some had glass figures in there.
some had indian things inside.

if you think putting a television on the wall is going to help people save space.. you are actually sadly mistaken.
because there are a lot of people who rent an apartment and they are not allowed to put something like that on the wall.
these glasses would really be an answer for those apartment dwellers, AND the hundreds of thousands of college students in their dorms.

imagine if you had to share a room with a stranger and you both decided you would make room for a television.
maybe you were lucky enough to be able to mount a television on the wall.. but you and your room mate cannot agree on what to watch.
i think adding the television is going to take up more mental space than necessary, and giving each person the chance to do what they want will keep them happy.. meaning their grades will be higher.

and if i grow up to own a house with a giant living room.. i could still get the glasses and use the extra space for a different toy.
maybe i setup a slot car track for a month or two.
maybe i get some motorized chair that i can ride.
i mean really.. what would people do with the extra space, install a bar with liquor?

iit_aspirant90

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
It was good to see your post but not so please to read it. As it was not an apt answer for my query..I was actually looking for some experienced answer which will clear my doubt...but unfortunately your reply didn't matched it..although it was a lengthy piece of information but important features were missing for which I was looking for...

I hope to get a point to point answer from you..thanks anyways!

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
well then put it like this..
if your software was fast enough to work FASTER than what it really was functioning at.. these speeds are now mandatory.

meaning.. the other 'providers' will have to do it again, and do it better this time, or they will not be allowed by the FTC to participate in the 3d market (at least not in the realm of 'newer' or 'next generation' .. as these words are going to spark interest from people who werent satisfied the first time)

all of those 'maybe' responses could hold to be true.. and if none of them are true for the instance, it would have to be everything to do with the luminance and chroma being sampled at a higher resolution.

maybe it isnt the resolution itself.. but the depth of the chroma that is 'allowed' to be portrayed in 3d.

perhaps there is something smaller to gather, but it appears to be general conclusions that spark rationale.
to say that something is discovered and alpha tested to its maximum, and then brought backwards to slowly market it to the consumers.. knowing the technology as it stands, perhaps there is a pair of sneakers being worn that i dont know anything about.
i feel that if you are seeking that deep into the information, you are looking in the wrong places.

anish_gandhi9

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011

My best guess it's, because of Cinema 3d TV advance applications like internet suffering, video calls, online gaming etc....
as all these applications are available in LGs Cinema 3D TV that's why it's known as next generation 3d tv......

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007

oh how i like my answer better.
those applications added to the television doesnt constitute 'next generation' and it would be an embarassment to the FTC to allow it.

people who dont struggle for the information will be inclined to sue, stating 'we bought this television believing the 3d would be better and it isnt'
that means suing any company using 'next generation 3d' as well as the FTC for allowing the misleading to happen.. and then the FCC for having little or no say about the wireless glasses being any part of the 'next generation 3d' slogan (be it a hardware design function or feature).

but i suppose that is how those forums get exciting, since the FCC can get their 'know' into the situation because there is communication devices involved.. with each organization being judgemental, moderation takes place.
so for those organizations failing, and the moderator(s) involved.. it would be quite a net.

onetwoka

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011

Can you just explain me why are you using so much of technical language out here??

As being a layman I don't understand few of your terminologies...

Kindly take care of it Plz!

iit_aspirant90

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

I am still waiting for the appropriate answer...

Why Cinema 3D TV is called as Next Gen 3D TV?

What is so Technical in it? Don't complicate the answer..

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007

your answer is only as good as the question, and quite honestly.. you havent been specific enough.

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007

ha HA ha..
you are right, nobody else needs to add anything to further fulfill the answer.
if you want that much info, you need to be in school.
you would be asking for 'trade secrets' that are probably confidential.
and i have been in that situation myself, wanting info that simply isnt public.

perhaps i have read your post wrong and the information i posted has been disrespected.

to know that much detail about how something works is a privilege, not a right.
and that generally means the information isnt public.
if you feel you need more, you are free to wait for a REAL article to be written about the technology.
chances are, the information will be summarized into one of the categories i already spoke about.

in all honesty, i dont see how asking for MORE than what i gave you is considered appropriate.
viewing the technology for yourself would be the best to finalize your search.

i mean, are you somehow stating that you have tried the technology already and dont see how it is any better?
maybe it has something to do with the lifespan of the products then.
or
maybe it is safer on the eyeballs.

neither one of these are made public without doing the math for yourself.
and when the difference cant be seen to the naked eye, you would have to live your life twice to see which one causes more blindness at the end.. or get a camera that can capture the amount of damage and give you data.
people are always free to benchmark what they own.

TRENDING THREADS