Solved! Acer restore no cd drive no boot screen

G

Help! I need to restore the acer aspire one laptop my stepdaughter uses but it has no cd drive or boot screen, and when her mother tried to fix it she deleted important files that won't let it connect online anymore. also no exe type file in erecovery folder

Solution
The best way to see if the recovery files still exist is to hit f5 (or whatever the proper function key is) when you boot it up. If the files exist, it will take you to the recovery sector and you should be able to restore it. If not, your best bet would be to contact acer if it is still under warranty.
The best way to see if the recovery files still exist is to hit f5 (or whatever the proper function key is) when you boot it up. If the files exist, it will take you to the recovery sector and you should be able to restore it. If not, your best bet would be to contact acer if it is still under warranty.

Solution

Snuffy

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Help! I need to restore the acer aspire one laptop my stepdaughter uses but it has no cd drive or boot screen, and when her mother tried to fix it she deleted important files that won't let it connect online anymore. also no exe type file in erecovery folder
Boot and hold F2 instantly. when it bios opens, scrowl thru and make sure you RESTORE function is enabled.
The manual should tell you exactly what the proper key is to use the RESTORE partition. Normally F-12. or use the eRecovery key. on the laptop.... e is the symbol. Other wise you can download the same edition of OS (normally) free and install using the COA Key on the bottom sticker... Aspire One Laptops - use a USB or buy an external DVD reader. Honestly the 4GB USB is cheaper, and faster..