Need help finding a new MP3 Player

kogo50

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Hi, I'm looking for a new MP3 player and I'm not sure what to get. I was looking at the Microsoft Zune HD 3.3" Black 16GB MP3 / MP4 Player because it is the Microsoft version of the IPod touch and I really hate Apple. I'm not sure if it is right for me because you have to use the Microsoft software and because some features aren't as good as the same features as the IPod touch. Here is a list I want it to have.

1. BETWEEN FREE AND $200
2. 8-16Gbs
3. Touch screen
4. Wireless internet and a Good web browser(good enough to use Youtube on it)
5. good sound quality
6. good video quality
7. good section of formats for mp3 and videos

I read that its web browser is ok but you can't use flash so no YouTube and one think that I don't like is that you have to use the software from Microsoft so you are not able to use it as an external storage device which I used my old one for a lot. I don't care about Apps that much. So do you think this is right for me or does anyone have any suggestions?

G

"I was looking at the Microsoft Zune HD 3.3" Black 16GB MP3 / MP4 Player because it is the Microsoft version of the IPod touch and I really hate Apple."

The only reason I hate Apple is the vile to use Itunes software that cripples the otherwise okay Ipod. Unfortunately the Zune has an equally proprietary approach, so avoid that.

Most of the real MP3 nuts seem to use Cowon, so check those out -- beyond my level of interest or pocket so I can't say why the brand is well regarded.

As per Mechanintenthing I would strongly recommend Sony's middle and upper range players. Great battery life, simple controls, good sound --- and drag and drop file transfer !

You can ruin them if you want by loading Sony's own annoying interface software onto the computer, but the point is you have a choice not to.