Mirage Nanosat Prestige Speakers

G

Hi All, I am new to the forum and am in the market for a decent set of surround sound speakers. I have been considering the Mirage Nanosat Prestige speakers. I have seen them priced at around $1000, but there is an "Open Box" set at Best Buy for $600.

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Mirage speakers. Is it worth the money (does not have a sub which must be purchased separately)? Is Mirage generally considered a quality brand? Are these a good set of speakers for the money? For around $800 I could get some Definitives (with a sub).

Also, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a good sub and receiver (seems like Dennon and Yamaha are the best).

Thanks in advance for your responses.

JL

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
Mirage makes some nice satellite speakers. They will work in a small room. In a larger room you definitely need more robust speakers, as smaller speakers typically have limited horizontal dispersion.

Make sure you mount/stand the satellites at ear level of the sitting position. Smaller speakers tend to beam sound forward in a smaller arc so you may not be able to cover that much ground.