Help my delta 1010 sounds louder and clearer than my audiophile

G

Hi, I was using a delta 1010 LT. PCI sound card, until I bought The Edirol m16 dx, Digital mixer.
few months later i noticed that my mixes with the Edirol weren't as loud and clear as those i did with the 1010.
When i tried pumping them up, they become distorted. Pls. help.What could be the problem, or are my ears playing tricks on me?

Hi, I was using a delta 1010 LT. PCI sound card, until I bought The Edirol m16 dx, Digital mixer.
few months later i noticed that my mixes with the Edirol weren't as loud and clear as those i did with the 1010.
When i tried pumping them up, they become distorted. Pls. help.What could be the problem, or are my ears playing tricks on me?

There is an impedance difference on the output of the two units, it's in the design. The Edirol would have to be modified by a good engineer to get the same result as the other sound card. It could however be done by the right minded person. Perhaps Edirol would do a modification for you. To do this the circuit board would be modified to obtain the desired output impedance, by changing the resistors in the input and feedback loops.