Compaq Presario CQ50-215NR Sleep Mode issues

jflongo

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
I have a Compaq Presario CQ50-215NR Laptop. If you leave it sitting in sleep mode for awhile, it will not wake up using the laptop mouse or keyboard. You can hit the esc key and then the login screen will come back, but neither the keyboard or mouse work. You can use a USB mouse and see that moving the cursor around, but you can't type anything in, so you can't log back into the session.

This just started happening about a month ago, the laptop is a little over a year old. Any ideas? Could this be a cause from an update, or a hardware issue on the laptop itself?

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
What operative system are you using? If you have Vista or 7 you can configure Power options.
Check if you can also configure it in Bios if allow the keyboard or not.

pagecrawler

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I have exactly the same problem with my new compaq Presario CQ61. It wakes up from sleep mode but the lazy keyboard and mouse appear to still just want to sleep and are completely unresponsive. The USB mouse works fine however. I've found in windows 7 login screen, if you click the options in the bottom left and bring up the on screen keyboard you can then type in your password and log back in. After logging in, you can put the laptop into sleep mode again, wake it up and the mouse and keyboard come alive again! A temporary solution. Does anyone know why this problem occurs tho?

Luke
www.birthdayandchristmasgifts.com