Which sound card is right for me?

seanr111

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Hello, I'm trying to choose a sound card, but I don't know much about the technology or the market. I would like a sound card that plays music pristinely, has Dolby Headphone, and would work well with a quality speaker system. Also I would like to be able to plug in a MIDI keyboard and with the appropriate software turn my computer into a synthesizer. My budget is $200, but the less expensive the better.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

-Sean

Solution
ok in my opinion ill give ya 2 choices

if youre a gamer and amateur sound editor go for the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Championship edition....its the one i have

if youre into music and dolby sound go for one of the ASUS Zonar Essense ST or STX *a friend of mine has one of them and its so crystal clear and good quality*

personally dont go with any other brand...its a waste of money...Creative, and ASUS are the best in sound card bussiness

Untitled_88

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
ok in my opinion ill give ya 2 choices

if youre a gamer and amateur sound editor go for the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Championship edition....its the one i have

if youre into music and dolby sound go for one of the ASUS Zonar Essense ST or STX *a friend of mine has one of them and its so crystal clear and good quality*

personally dont go with any other brand...its a waste of money...Creative, and ASUS are the best in sound card bussiness

Solution