Channels disappearing on M-Audio Delta 1010LT

RojanUK

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hello,

I've got a bit of a problem on my hands. I've got an M-Audio Delta 1010LT card, of which I use the 4 stereo outputs, to connect channels to my mixer.

However, over time I've started to lose those channels one by one. Not entirely, but the volume in the left channel (usually the left) goes down and down until you can barely hear it. The right channel stays ok. Obviously, when that happens the channel becomes useless. However, now ALL of those channels have started to have the same problem.

I've tried to contact M-Audio, but the official support team doesn't want to help, as I never actually registered the product with them. I can do that now, if I want to, but I've forgotten where I bought it. (Although it would still be under the years warranty). As it's a mandatory field, I can't ask them for help.

Also I posted this question on the M-Audio forum and was told to try:

1) Unplug the breakout cable and plug it back in
2) Switch the PCI slot the card is in
3) Thoroughly clean the card

I've done all those things, but to no avail. In fact, like I said, I lost the final channel yesterday.

Does anybody have an idea what could cause this phenomenon and mostly how to solve it?

Thanks,

--=Roger=--

A defective sound card, sure it's not the mixer? The sales receipt should be good enough to have it repaired under warranty, in the US we do not have to registrar the product, the receipt is the law. In case they don't repair it time to shop for another manufacturer's brand, a manufacturer that supports customers. I would try to contact the president of the company first, and tell him to get up and support his customers. Make Noise.
You can't solve this yourself, it's a hardware defect.

jugglingj0hn

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
I know this thread is four years old but I was having this exact problem last night after troubleshooting my computer for something unrelated to the sound card. All left channels were not working and also all inputs did not work. I would shut down my computer, reseat the card, boot my computer back up, and everything would be working again. Then I would power off my computer again, secure the card in the PCI slot using the screw, put the cover back on and boot up again, and again same problem, no left channels or inputs!

After repeating this process several times, I ended up just not screwing the screw in to secure the PCI slot, since that seemed to cause the problem for me.

It seems like a bizarre solution, but all I can think of is that there is just something weird going on electrically, perhaps the minor amount of stress the card takes after the screw is put in causes something to shift around in the connectors of the card?

Anyway, that is what worked for me, just keep reseating the card and it will probably work for you eventually.