Solved! Hdmi cable problems

sardoman

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
Hi,

I have just purchased A PANASONIC HD TV that is recommended by both Comsumer Report and Cnet mode number TC-L-42U30 Viera. It is connected to a verizion setup box HD-DVR OIP6416-2 using the amazon basic HDMI cable.

I followed the instructions to connect to the HDMI-1 to the one HDMI output on the setup box. I have use one other brand new cable (forest) 1.4 and had the same results . A blank black screen! I tryed the other ports having the same results.

I was told by verizion to use the component setup and it does work (Red,Blue, Green wires provided by Verizion) an d it works. This TV has 3 HDMI ports , one component setup and 1 composite setup. My concerns is future growth using HDMI ports.
I plan to use the latest DVD with HDMI since I am restricted using the current ports provided by the carrier and the manufacture of the TV. As a results I am changing my wire setup each time I want to use my DVD unit

Any help will be appreciated. Can anyone offer a solution where I can use the
HDMI ports?

Thank you

Jim A My Email is ja739375@gmail.com

At this time I have both parties pointing fingers at each other.

Solution
seems to me that if you are using the component cables and one hdmi then you have 2 open hdmi ports for expansion. two is more than enough, but if not splitters are available.

all newer dvd/br players support hdmi out, this is the best cable for quality. if you have hdmi out on your dvd player then use it.

i'm suprised that your verizon box will not work with hdmi. remember to change your tv "input" to match what port you connected the source to. just cycle through them to see if you get picture. if not check your settings to see if the box isn't outputing via hdmi (or ask how to get it to output via this port)
seems to me that if you are using the component cables and one hdmi then you have 2 open hdmi ports for expansion. two is more than enough, but if not splitters are available.

all newer dvd/br players support hdmi out, this is the best cable for quality. if you have hdmi out on your dvd player then use it.

i'm suprised that your verizon box will not work with hdmi. remember to change your tv "input" to match what port you connected the source to. just cycle through them to see if you get picture. if not check your settings to see if the box isn't outputing via hdmi (or ask how to get it to output via this port)

Solution

rmaro777

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
The Panasonic has its own menu and try looking there and setting up the HDMI port to the correct device hope this helps