Solved! Toshiba Satellite A505-S6986 Notebook

Nickless64

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
1_What is your budget?
$400-$1300
2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
16" LCD screen; 6.48 lbs. 1366 x 768
3_What screen resolution do you want?
I just want a decent screen with a resolution that will work for most modern and near future games
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
DRL
5_How much battery life do you need?
1-2 hours would suit me just fine.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I want to play games on my laptop
Dragon Age - Medium/High
Crysis - Medium
Modern Warfare - Medium/High
Europa Universalis III - High
The Witcher - High

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Photo editing, watching movies, Light compiling.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
400 gbs
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
I found this computer on sale for approximately $550 at my local Office Depot, and wasn't sure if it'd suit my needs, or if it was of a good value.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD suits me at the moment, I find bluray too expensive currently to be worth the price, especially when I can transfer data just as easily with data disks and portable hard-drives

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't have any brand preferences

13_What country do you live in?
USA currently

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I could use some suggestions for some good price comparison computer websites.

Solution
I may have the perfect laptop for you, but it doesn't have a 16". Screen resolution is 1366 x 768 though.

I give you... the VAIO CW series! Price starts at $909, but add a little and you get a relatively powerful Nvidia GT 310M. More available here.

r_manic

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I may have the perfect laptop for you, but it doesn't have a 16". Screen resolution is 1366 x 768 though.

I give you... the VAIO CW series! Price starts at $909, but add a little and you get a relatively powerful Nvidia GT 310M. More available here.

Solution