Solved! Need wall mount for Sony Bravia

Bacillus

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
I'm looking for a reliable wall mount for my 40" Sony LCD (Sony Bravia KDL40EX500). It will be mounted on the backboard of a TV stand. I would prefer it to be swivel (don't need extreme angles..viewing area maybe 15 feet), but those tend to be rather expensive. I am looking to spend <$150. Thanks for all the help

Solution
you could try a product like this:

http://www.tvwallmountsreviews.com/videosecu-tilting-tv-mount-extra-large-articulating-swivel-wall-mount-for-lg-36-37-38-40-42-46-47-plasmalcd-tv-with-free-7-ft-hdmi-cable-1vh/

however, keep in mind that this is noted to sag (from weight) and you need to connect it to a load bearing surface. because of the large (26"?) clearance from the mounting surface forces implied will me multiplied. this means that maybe you dont want to connect it to anything short of a wall as you could risk for tv for naught.

i wouldnt trust a single arm type unless it was built very heavy and connected direct to a wall. flat-mount types typically offer a few degrees vertical tilt, horizontal pan, and if you are lucky.. a...
you could try a product like this:

http://www.tvwallmountsreviews.com/videosecu-tilting-tv-mount-extra-large-articulating-swivel-wall-mount-for-lg-36-37-38-40-42-46-47-plasmalcd-tv-with-free-7-ft-hdmi-cable-1vh/

however, keep in mind that this is noted to sag (from weight) and you need to connect it to a load bearing surface. because of the large (26"?) clearance from the mounting surface forces implied will me multiplied. this means that maybe you dont want to connect it to anything short of a wall as you could risk for tv for naught.

i wouldnt trust a single arm type unless it was built very heavy and connected direct to a wall. flat-mount types typically offer a few degrees vertical tilt, horizontal pan, and if you are lucky.. a few degrees of horizontal tilt as well (but check the specs). of all of the mounting solutions flatmounts are the safest for your tv.

that said: tv stands usually include their own proprietary mounting kits/solutions. something you buy from a 3rd party might not work without modification. also, as i stated before, you might overstress your stand depending on how well it is built (or topple it over. either way you're out a new tv)

Solution