Where can i buy completely customized laptops?

zsscorp

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for a DAW system for over a month...
Been in all the popular designated online stores and still haven't found what i'm looking for.
Where can i buy a COMPLETELY customized laptop???
I want to pick EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
You can customize the HP dv6t quad for near those specs:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=High+performance&series_name=dv6tqe_series&jumpid=in_R329_prodexp/hhoslp/psg/notebooks/High_performance/dv6tqe_series

It has a quad-core i7 (the 1.73GHz chip), which will fair better in audio mix-downs than the dual-core T9900. It's also equipped with 6GB of memory, and the 500GB hard disk you're looking for, for under $1600.

You didn't mention what screen size you want, though the HP does not meet your resolution requirement; but I think it's more than ample in the horsepower department.

zsscorp

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Ok, you're right...

FAQ

Im looking for a mobile DAW system for about 1600 USD.
The pc will mostly be used as Desktop replacement, but also as mobile performing system.
* I though about T9900 CPU, 4GB RAM 1066 and 7200Rpm hard Drive
* 1600x900 resolution
* Regular battery life will be just fine (about 3whr)
* I wont be playing games on my laptop but i do need a GPU that doesn't take system resources.
* I do want to watch movies on my laptop
* I need a fast HDD with about 500Gigs capacity
* The laptop is for 4 years forward.
* Regular DVD writer would fit
* Im pretty open to suggestions about the brand...but not MAC!!! (i know its the best for DAW)
* I need a comfortable keyboard, so please suggest which brand has the best keyboard...

Thanks in advance!!!!

frozenlead

Distinguished
You can customize the HP dv6t quad for near those specs:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=High+performance&series_name=dv6tqe_series&jumpid=in_R329_prodexp/hhoslp/psg/notebooks/High_performance/dv6tqe_series

It has a quad-core i7 (the 1.73GHz chip), which will fair better in audio mix-downs than the dual-core T9900. It's also equipped with 6GB of memory, and the 500GB hard disk you're looking for, for under $1600.

You didn't mention what screen size you want, though the HP does not meet your resolution requirement; but I think it's more than ample in the horsepower department.

Solution

Slim Shady

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
ASUS is popular because of it's customizability in its Built On Line.

Also, HP and Dell both have customizable laptops, at www.hpshopping.com and www.dell.com

For ASUS, check the ASUS FAQ for a list of resellers!

Krossview

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Check out www.eurocom.com a Canadian laptop vendor,
Eurocom allows you to totally customize your laptop.

The D900F panther uses Desktop CPU's like the core i7

It will be pricey, but hey if that's what you want, Eurcom can do it.

zsscorp

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Well...
All the boutique stores are really expensive...i don't see any reason buying a laptop that expensive for 3-4 years.

Found a pretty good Laptop (price and power) from Sony and Lenovo...
surprisingly Sony is cheaper.

So now i'm not sure, which one of them is better and why...
Please tell me your opinion about the cons of Sony and Lenovo, it would really help.

And another thing...
Sony and Lenovo wont let me put 1066 RAM on the laptop...
does the core 2 duo T9900 support 1066 ram?