Soundblaster X-fi Fatal1ty FPS....does it work on vista?

G

I started off by making a budget gaming rig but know seem to have spent more on the system as i have gone along. The one compoment i dont have is a sound card.

Is it worth me getting one? Will i notice an improvement in gaming?

I saw this Soundblaster X-fi Fatal1ty FPS in CEX (Computer Exchange) for £50. As i own a Fatal1ty headset i thought it would be a good combo. Only thing is i tried a Audigy SE cheap thingy, to see if a sound card would make gaming better but it wouldnt work on vista despite having the drivers and stating compatiable on the box. After searching the net i found out i wasnt the only one with the vista driver problem... so i took it back and have been looking at this new card (Soundblaster X-fi Fatal1ty FPS)...

Is this a good one? and will it work on Vista Ultimate 64?

https://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Creative%20Sound%20Blaster%20X-Fi%20Fatal1ty%20FPS%20Sound%20Card&v=Creative&uid=70SB046600002&pf=0&pi=9&c=Graphics%20Cards%20%26%20Components&sc=Sound%20Cards&os=32-bit

Microsoft says it does but it also said the Audigy SE would too..

Thanks in advance

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
all soundblaster products have issues with XP, Vista, so I'm going to assume that 7 will be no different, check out a Zalman ZM-RSSC, simply the best investment I ever made

I started off by making a budget gaming rig but know seem to have spent more on the system as i have gone along. The one compoment i dont have is a sound card.

Is it worth me getting one? Will i notice an improvement in gaming?

I saw this Soundblaster X-fi Fatal1ty FPS in CEX (Computer Exchange) for £50. As i own a Fatal1ty headset i thought it would be a good combo. Only thing is i tried a Audigy SE cheap thingy, to see if a sound card would make gaming better but it wouldnt work on vista despite having the drivers and stating compatiable on the box. After searching the net i found out i wasnt the only one with the vista driver problem... so i took it back and have been looking at this new card (Soundblaster X-fi Fatal1ty FPS)...

Is this a good one? and will it work on Vista Ultimate 64?

https://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Creative%20Sound%20Blaster%20X-Fi%20Fatal1ty%20FPS%20Sound%20Card&v=Creative&uid=70SB046600002&pf=0&pi=9&c=Graphics%20Cards%20%26%20Components&sc=Sound%20Cards&os=32-bit

Microsoft says it does but it also said the Audigy SE would too..

Thanks in advance

Pretty much everything on vista is a pain in the bullwinkle. You need to un install all the old drivers before loading any of the new ones. And un installing drivers from vista is like having your teeth pulled. But I recommend you junk vista altogether and use win 7 or XP. I would rather have windows 98 instead of vista. I think you understand now.