Which is the best laptop brand

boonality

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
Oh boy, here we go.

My take is that some brands have their advantages over others in each different category.

So with that being said, what are you looking for in a laptop?

A metal enclosure?
Asthetics?
Touch pad with buttons on side vs. bottom?
Battery life?
Color?
Accessories?
Matching overpriced accessories?
Durability?

But I mean if you want everyone to just blurt stuff out, sure why not.

E-Machines FTW LOL.

7411.JPG

pjones

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
Its mostly personal preference, depending on what features you want.
I know Sony and Dell make great laptops
but when it comes to budget laptops, Toshiba is my favorite. Always good deal on black friday with them

Question is asked here about once a week ..... but fact is every brand you are likely to recognize actually doesn't make a laptop. The buy it from someone else, slap a logo on it and sell it to you.

* Quanta sells to (among others) HP/Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, Sony, Fujitsu, Acer, NEC, Gateway and Lenovo/IBM - note that Quanta is currently (as of August, 2007) the largest manufacturer of notebook computers in the world.
* Compal sells to Toshiba, HP/Compaq, Acer, and Dell.
* Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to HP/Compaq, Dell, IBM, NEC, Acer, and Lenovo/IBM.
* Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP/Compaq, NEC, and Dell.
* ECS sells to IBM, Fujitsu, and Dell.
* Asus sells to Apple (iBook), Sony, and Samsung.
* Inventec sells to HP/Compaq, Toshiba, and BenQ.
* Uniwill sells to Lenovo/IBM and Fujitsu.

To my mind the best laptop is :

Budget Laptop - The one with the features you need that is cheapest this week

Performance Laptop - The one that is built to order for you saving you money in the process as the "big name markup" is omitted.

Check out custom builders who use Clevo chassis ....more about Clevo here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=91510

gailey78545

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
You need to consider what you will be using it for, 3d games, internet, art, video and sound editing.

It is good to know how much space you may need on your Hard drive. Most today have at lest 160 Gigabytes of storage.

CPU, 1.6 Ghz or better

Ram at least 2 GB for using the newer Mac or Windows Operating systems.

If you want to play 3d PC games, you will need to do some research on Graphic/ video cards or video memory

The optical drive should write to blank dvds

Some parts in a laptop you cannot upgrade like a desktop so chose what will sustain you for a few years. You can't change the CPU, motherboard or graphic card.

TRENDING THREADS