Green tint thru DVD player....help please?

scorpio3813

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and am extremely audio/visual/computer challenged. We purchased a 50" LG plasma TV in December and made all of the connections. We did NOT purchase a new DVD player and have a Toshiba progressive scan from that's probably 5 or 6 years old. Played The Polar Express around Christmas time and it played just fine. Over Christmas break, we moved all of our components to the other side of the TV where the connections were closer together. We disconnected everything and re-connected. About this time, the HD channels kicked in too.

Fast forward to last weekend....we decided to watch some DVDs and now every video we try in the player has a green tint....even Polar Express. We checked, double checked and triple checked the connections. I played with the R/G/B connections over and over again and checked the in and out location connections. When I unplug the blue one, I get pure black and white, but that's about the only change I can find. I've tried fooling around with all of the tint, color, contrast, etc. options.

Do we need a new HD compatible DVD player?

Did switching to HD channels have anything to do with anything?

Please feel free to suggest anything, but I would appreciate it if you would put it in layman's terms so I can understand it. The cable talk I rattled off in the 2nd paragraph is strictly what I've picked up from researching online. :D

Oh, and I did go to the menu list on the TV and tried choosing different input selections, but nothing helped.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Ruby