Solved! Webcam issues

irishmandingo

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I have a compaq presario r3000 that runs XP home. I bought a logitech quickcam 5000 and it worked perfect when i first started using it. I had it disconnected for a while and now when i try to use it, my computer freezes or I get that fatal blue screen and it shuts off. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the webcam, i've updated all of my drivers, and I dont know why it will no longer work and cause my laptop to shut down. The very same webcam works on my computer at work so I know it cant be the webcam itself. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what the problem might be??

thanks, Kenny

Solution
I take it that the webcam is USB? If so, try and hook it in via another USB port if one is available and see if that does the trick. If that doesn't work, try and do a repair install of XP, just remember to backup your data beforehand to play it safe.
I take it that the webcam is USB? If so, try and hook it in via another USB port if one is available and see if that does the trick. If that doesn't work, try and do a repair install of XP, just remember to backup your data beforehand to play it safe.

Solution