Solved! Direct tv receiver at two locations

vsalinas74

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Hello,
Hello I am trying to set up my direct tv at to different locations and i have the attenta up but the reciever wont recieve a signal? than i took the reciever to my parents house bc i get more channels and again i did not get a signal? do i need to reprogram the box?

Solution
Won't receive a signal? The dish is not aimed correctly, or the wiring is wrong. You can't move the receiver, it has to be authorized for the location.

thlillyr

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
From what I understand the satellite dish eye is serialized and tracked. Your receiver is activated under that serial number. Kind of like an ip address. So that receiver cannot be used under a different serial number without activation under the new number. And no It cannot be activated under multiple dishes. Now a single dish can have hundreds of receivers but not vice versa.

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
there is such a thing as 'portable satellite tv'
but
maybe you have to ask the company and pay an additional fee.

carnival works have satellite tv.. they set the pod outside and calibrate it.
i think the most important piece of information is the receiver and dish are not seperated.

and that doesnt have to be important either.
as long as the IP address on the receiver is known (and programmed to work)
the receiver should work with any dish capable of being aimed and a feedhorn with the appropriate frequency.

denying such a thing only hinders portability, and its done to raise a flag when people use satellite dishes for things they arent supposed to.

if the feedhorn on the dish has an address, then the receiver and dish cannot be seperated.

ask the company what you need to do for portable service.