Emachines E525 Touchpad Problems

jwnorbury

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Hello

I have just installed Windows 7 Ultiamte x32 on this laptop and I'm having a few issues. It came with Windows Vista Home Basic, but I did not like this and I installed Ubuntu 9.10. This ran perfectly, only problem was I couldn't use any Microsoft Products for work.

I installed Windows 7 and notice that the mouse lags when I use the touch pad. It feels laggy when I move the mouse, I can see the delay clearly when I click and drag the secection box on the desktop or click and drag windows. I have installed the synaptics touchpad driver.

Another issue is that when I type the mouse is disabled. So after pressing any key the mouse will freeze for about 2 seconds, this is especially annoying after using Alt+Tab. This is the main problem as I go from typing to using the touchpad very quickly.

Is there any way of fixing these issues and has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks a lot

James

System Information:
information.jpg

caches.png

cpuspec.png

graphics.png

memoryd.png

motherboard.png

spdo.png

ibnsina

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
For touchpad lagging, adjusting the mouse setting should fix the problem.

Select Control Panel from the start menu

double click on Mouse icon

Select the Pointer Options tab in the top

In the motion section, set the pointer speed in the middle.

And also tick Enhance pointer precision

Click Apply and Ok
……………………………………………………..

Also if you select Device Settings tab; you can do more adjustments.Select the touchpad and click on settings. Check under Sensitivity.

jwnorbury

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I already have these settings selected. The main problem is that the mouse doesn't move after typing for 2 seconds. Anyone who has any ideas for this please say.

(By the way, it doesn't happen with a USB mouse, only the touch pad, but I don't ever use a USB mouse, so its still an issue)

ibnsina

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
If you go to Device Manager, from the control panel , is all the hadwares been detected correctly?
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Also do try to run Windows update from StartMenu>All Programs

Click on Check for updates on the top left. Once the checking is finished, click on Optional updates are available.

Can you see any hardware drivers on the list? If yes, tick it and Click Ok. Once installed, restart your system.

jwnorbury

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I have all avalable updates, optional and important. I think it must just be built into the bios :( If anyone knows how to get into the bios for Emachines or Acer that would be good. I'll try all the F keys, esc and del.

Merry christmas and thanks very much for your efforts. :)

aashiq

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
I got this new emachine 525 laptop and had similar touch pad issues. This is not unique to eMachine. The problem as I figured is with the Alps touch pad driver which is not properly synchronized with Win 7. Win 7 will update it automatically as a Win 7 default. Do not let Win 7 mess with any drivers. Turn it off in Device Manager properties.

Install again the original driver or an update from the manufacturer. Also understand how this touch pad works and work with it. Eventually Win 7 and drivers will be "updated" to work together. I am not an expert but a user who likes to figure things out. For now this is what I have figured.

GM619

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010

Thank you aashiq this worked like a charm :) I figured this was it was a driver issue but when I first tried to update it none of the option where able to change.

a0jsph.png

Somehow I missed that big change settings button below the first time :lol: ..................

Just updating it seems to work did not need to download from manufacturer.

zelx77

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
All I did with this problem on my Emachines was click the Function key (Fn) and the corresponding F key with a picture of a finger touching a keyboard, in my case it was F7. Press them together and it will re-enable touchpad.