Need help with time lapse

saren

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Hello guys, I'm planning to do a time lapse with my Sony HDR-CX 115 video camera. The problem is that the battery runs out quickly (45 mins) because I cant turn off the screen only (to make the battery last longer.) Also, I want to take still images every 5 seconds.. But I don't believe this camera got this function. Any help? :)

Thank you in advance!

Aidancox11

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
I'm not familiar with Sony's, but I get around it on my Panasonic by keeping it plugged into mains or purchasing a larger battery (up to 6 hours) for around £40, if I need to be outside away from mains I will take additional batteries and keep the camera settings on manual, when one battery runs out I replace it turn it back on and keep filming, the manual settings prevent any change in the appearance of the footage.

saren

Honorable
May 22, 2012

Thanks to you my friend, I just tried to put in the charger without a battery and then record.. It actually worked.. Haha, and I can record up to 4 hours on lowest setting (8 GB class 10 card). I will try to do a timelapse as soon as I get my tripod :D Thank you so much!