dovbell

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Hello,
I connected my new DVD to my LCD TV using component cable:
Red--> Red
Green --> Green
Blue --> Blue
The screen displays only the red color. With Composite yellow RCA all the colors are there. What's the bug?

dovbell

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Here is the solution: The DVD remote has a video button.
1. The DVD player must be empty of DVD/Disk.
2. On the TV set select yPbPr option view mode.
3. On DVD remote, click several time on video button until the image shows YPbPr selection from the DVD , then the screen should correctly display. ( this way you will control which output is chosen among the available ones: SCART, Composit, HDMI, component...).

dovbell

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011

No this not the problem, I already gave the solution:

The DVD remote has a video button.
1. The DVD player must be empty of DVD/Disk.
2. On the TV set select yPbPr option view mode.
3. On DVD remote, click several time on video button until the image shows YPbPr selection from the DVD , then the screen should correctly display. ( this way you will control which output is chosen among the available ones: SCART, Composit, HDMI, component...).

angeljaz

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012

Hi Go into DVD setting menu on dvd and change output from s video to component out. This should fix red colour when using component cables

dab772

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

This worked for us - player had been working, then went to watch a new movie and the screen was red. The DVD player had been sitting empty for a few minutes and somebody must have pressed the video button by mistake. Took the DVD out and cycled through the "video" button on the dvd remote, Cheers!