Mic issues

jmaup22

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Ok so I've had this problem for the past 2 months. My mic was working perfectly the night prior to when it stopped. I got on to chat with some friends on vent and my mic was not connecting. The most that was coming out with a reverb of what they were saying but not what I was saying. I've had countless suggestions on how to fix the problem but none seem to get to the point. I've checked to see if it somehow got muted during the night (doubt that would happen) and it was not muted, I then checked my mic/s on several different computers, and they all worked perfectly. So recently after getting fed up of not being able to talk I tried several different tests and finally realized that my play back bar is grayed out with no options to move the bar. I'm not entirely sure what that means but I have an idea that maybe the mic is not getting recognized. There is one other thing I'm not entirely sure about though, I reformatted my computer due to a virus that got me stuck in a safemode blue screen loop. The reformat should have fixed the problem yet it did not. I'm at a loss here and any info that would help would be much appreciated.

I'm using ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo with SoundMax on board sound card and a plantronics usb adapter/soundcard.