Why can we see ghosts with the digital camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a very interesting question which raises another one. Why do you think we see ghosts with a digital camera? I have not seen one thing aside from maybe some TV shows that have shown that ghosts exist much less can be observed with a camera.

What a camera CAN see is infrared, which we can't. Flash a remote at a digital camera and you will see a red light. Flash it facing your eyes normally, no light. OOOOOoooo scarrry ghossstt magic light must be the answer! This is pretty much how all the myths start, someone sees something they can't explain and it's immediately ghost this and gods that and vampires, etc...

A similar thing would be seeing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Never seen one with my eyes, but it's all over the place in books and cartoons.

dot 1998

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
thnx for the answer,and i got that it is dust we see as ghosts....i dont belive it but i saw in some of the pics my granny took at a buddhist shrine,there were lights in the sky but not stars ..and my granny belives that those lights are gods ,.
and they hav come to worship..i dont knw ur religon but i hope u will help me wth this question

lourendo

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
what happens is that light that does not directly go into the sensor hits the lens surface. since lens glass is not optically neutral, it causes the light to become visible on the lens itself and thus the sensor as well. to reduce this effect, get a lens hood to reduce side light.

in the day it is called lens flare and at night it is ghosting. not a rule but this is when i normally experience them.

modern digital cameras have infrared filters on the sensors so they block out almost all ir light. even with a filter that blocks all light but ir light, you get a black image unless you expose for several minutes and then only a little ir light is recorded.

the light were probably lights on the ground reflecting off of the street. im guessing the shot was at night. take any picture with street lights or traffic signals in the area but not in frame and you wil probably see them.

as to remotes .. on higher end cameras it is blocked but point and shoots it is visible. so im guessing they do not have ir filters on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.