Solved! Comcast Digital Cable on my pc

ckcflorida

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Anybody have any idea if I have to buy something else for my pc to watch tv when comcast switches to "enhancement channels"
Carsten, Fort Myers,Florida

Solution
doesnt that mean we cannot avoid the HD fee's from comcast because we need a comcast box for the mac ID to connect to the digital network?

i think if the tuner card can accept the digital format.. it should have its own ID that can be used on the comcast network.
its a lot harder to restrict what channels you can view if you dont have something connected that has an ID that is registered with comcast.

i'd be upset if they told me i have to rent a box or buy my own box to use with a tuner card.

ckcflorida

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011

Thanks for the reply
Carsten

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
doesnt that mean we cannot avoid the HD fee's from comcast because we need a comcast box for the mac ID to connect to the digital network?

i think if the tuner card can accept the digital format.. it should have its own ID that can be used on the comcast network.
its a lot harder to restrict what channels you can view if you dont have something connected that has an ID that is registered with comcast.

i'd be upset if they told me i have to rent a box or buy my own box to use with a tuner card.

Solution