Solved! Asus G61vx vs N81

reconspartan

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
I currently have a Toshiba satellite, its 1.9ghz and I have 4gb of ram in it. It has an x1200 radeon which is crappy. I use the laptop for school and it suites me fine. I kind of want something that'll do all of the same stuff but I like to play BF2 a lot. Currently I get between 30 max at lowest settings and 15 minimum on highest settings. I want something that will play BF2 at, if not max, high settings. I think the 4650 and 260 mobile cards should be able to do that at the laptops native resolutions. Does anyone know for sure? The G61 has a sound card where as the N81 does not, but the G61 is 400mhz slower. Which would be better? I'm not obsessed with good audio but 3d sound and variety is nice. Does anyone have any recommendations for a laptop that would accomplish what I want? The cheapest solution is the best for me. Also, does anyone know what settings I could play on and what sort of fps I would get in something like cod 4 2 (mw2)? Would these laptops play oblivion at decent settings? One last thing, what is the best for gaming under $1k? -I prefer reliable brands.

Thanks

P.S. 1280x800 is high enough resolution for me. Higher is better though.

Solution
ATI 4650 is good for casual gaming. GTX 260 is good for high end gaming(much powerful). Since you like playing high end games like COD4 I would recommend you to pick the one has GTX260 or similar (ATI 4850)...

maldinilovegame

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
ATI 4650 is good for casual gaming. GTX 260 is good for high end gaming(much powerful). Since you like playing high end games like COD4 I would recommend you to pick the one has GTX260 or similar (ATI 4850)...

Solution