KDL-52W3000 Class Action Law Suite

mcgovn

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
Looks like there are hundreds of people that got ripped off with the defective LCD panels on all the Bravia models sold 3-4 years ago. Mine was replaced once under warranty and now the 2nd one is cooked. I paid $3k for this 3 yrs ago. I am pissed! No more sony products in this house ever again!

ncmlj

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

I had the same fing problem sony wont do nothing !

mcgovn

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011

Bug the *** out of them. I did and they replaced mine. THey offered me a discount on a smaller TV and I told them to shuv it. Make a report to the BBB then call soney and tell them what you did.....good luck

FixedMySony

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015
I have KDL-52XBR9 purchased 6/2009. Almost 6 years to the day later, turned on to a black screen. Had worked flawlessly the previous evening. After reading other Sony issues on this site, I took action that seemed to be the only possible solution (fix). Pulled the power plug (which eventually would engage the 'reset' process).... But, I took another step...removing the back cover, removing all accumulated dust, checking for blown electrolytic capacitors (none found) My vacuum 'housecleaning' removed all powder from components and harnesses. I speak of connectors because, many are finger swipe connects, not pin/socket connects. In my cleaning of dust from the full length of cables. is also possible that I made 'reconnects' by 'disturbing' the fingers, possibly remaking oxidized connections. I never had any issues with the LCD panel...first problem ever was the black display. Re-installed back panel, re-plugged...I have a fuctioning Sony, again.