Solved! Hp dv6000 problems

G

Hi..I have got HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop, which is over about 1.5 years old now. I am undergoing the issue that the laptop starts fine but then hangs in about 5-10 minutes and then i have to hard boot the system. If I start it again, it hangs everytime in precisely one minute after startup. The system works perfectly in safe mode. I tried to format with bootable XP, but it says that it doesnt find the hard drive... I am confused how to go about it.

Should I try a system restore option? Till what time should I restore it??
Which is a better option - System restore or Formatting?

Please someone help me...Thanks in advance.

Solution
It could be a sign that the hard drive is going out. When you are in safe mode, run windows hdd diagnostic and see if it throws any SMART errors (or some other program that you have on there). In the mean time you can try to run some sort of anti-malware program in safe mode to rule out any potential malware causing the issue, i.e. if you have a standard virus scanner on it, run it. If those are a no go, you can try a system restore- anytime you pick will do.
It could be a sign that the hard drive is going out. When you are in safe mode, run windows hdd diagnostic and see if it throws any SMART errors (or some other program that you have on there). In the mean time you can try to run some sort of anti-malware program in safe mode to rule out any potential malware causing the issue, i.e. if you have a standard virus scanner on it, run it. If those are a no go, you can try a system restore- anytime you pick will do.

Solution