Solved! Best HDTV under 1000

slr_noob

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I have a Vizio HDTV that someone gave it to us, but it has obvious issues since day one (shadow cast and strange input colors at certain areas of the screen). The problem is quite pronounced when one of our buddies decided to have fun with his PS3: colors are beyond normal. So it's about time for a new TV.

What are some of the best choices out there that I can get for 1000 after taxes (may buy local)? Anything but non-major brands (Westinghouse, Vizio and anything that's not commonly heard) are welcomed. Looking forward to 42", 48" if it's within the budget.

Thanks

Solution

I would recommend the the Sony KDL-46EX500. You should be able to find it for around $850-900+tax. Otherwise I would look at the Samsung C650-series LCDs, they are...

casey_souder

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

I would recommend the the Sony KDL-46EX500. You should be able to find it for around $850-900+tax. Otherwise I would look at the Samsung C650-series LCDs, they are a little bit more more money, but are internet enabled (built-in Netflix streaming etc).

Both are beautiful TVs and I know because they are side-by-side in my store.

Hope that helps,
Casey

Solution

mmike99

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Hi there Im in the same boat, looking to get a 42 tv, and looking for great video(using hdmi for cable tv-and watching blu ray movies). The Samsung sounds interesting, the name itself. Sony usually has a good name also, hoever I was screwed over by them a few years back-so a deal would have to stick out. If any one has any more info, Id love to hear it as well.

post edit: just read some were that the samsung scored lower on blu ray viewing, that a bummer...