Solved! Connecting computer to HDTV

arabpony

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
Hello,

I just bought a new hd tv and want to be able to use it as a monitor as well. I have it connected to my netbook with an vga adaptor that is connected to a dvi to hdmi cable. When I toggle the monitor, it comes up with only one box that says LCD only and doesn't toggle. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
When you toggle the video on the laptop, or on the HDTV? While you CAN toggle it on the NetBook (switch between the NetBook display and its external VGA port), it is better to set up your HDTV as a monitor to supplement your NetBook display (second display).

First, make sure your input on your HDTV is set to the VGA input.
Second, connect the NetBook and HDTV.
Third, boot up your laptop and go to your display properties (using the NetBook display). You should be enabling your HDTV as your second display. Set your resolution on the HDTV appropriately.
Fourth, enjoy!

sadams04

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
When you toggle the video on the laptop, or on the HDTV? While you CAN toggle it on the NetBook (switch between the NetBook display and its external VGA port), it is better to set up your HDTV as a monitor to supplement your NetBook display (second display).

First, make sure your input on your HDTV is set to the VGA input.
Second, connect the NetBook and HDTV.
Third, boot up your laptop and go to your display properties (using the NetBook display). You should be enabling your HDTV as your second display. Set your resolution on the HDTV appropriately.
Fourth, enjoy!

Solution