Waveterminal 2496 win7

Echo Radio

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Hello,Can you inform me if there is a driver for sound card Waveterminal 2496 for operating system Windows 7

Cheers , Theo

echo1434

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
The question of the decade!

Yeah, it really is the best sound card ever, and I kind of feel like I'm stuck on XP because of it too. I've been looking around for a newer equivalent for a few years now, but always come back to the same conclusion: Why change? I had the Juli@ once, but I really prefer the WT2496!

As it is rather "ancient" (last driver updates were in 2002), I don't think ESI will be of much assistance... So does anyone know if it's possible, or if you could use a different Windows 7 driver, like from the Waveterminal 192 series or the Juli@? I doubt it, but who knows.

I'm sure somebody who's really smart could make their own Windows 7 driver, as I've seen this done for other hardware. Anyone? :sol:

Or are we the only three people left in the world who care about this card? :(

malroes

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015
Hello, I know is an old topic, but here is another one who wish Waveterminal 2496 64 bit drivers for w7, w8...
I find this answer in ESI:

"Can I use Waveterminal 2496 under Windows Vista/7/8/10?
No. Waveterminal 2496 is considered a legacy item out of production now for many years and the ongoing driver development has been discontinued."
http://kb.esi-audio.com/?goto=KB00159EN

It seems there´s no way to make it work our WT 2496 beyond XP.
Can anyone recommend a good sound card similar to the quality and specs of Wt 2496 and compatible with Windows 7?

Thanks.